- 06-Feb-2017 to 07-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Eugene, OR, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off, Holidays
The direct support staff instructs clients with severe/profound disabilities, who are also medically fragile, in self-care, leisure and social activities, pre-vocational and vocational skills, and mobility. The direct support staff works in both integrated settings and on the agency site with clients.
This position is 35 hours per week. 8:30am to 3:30pm, Monday-Friday
1. Develop behavior management and skill training plans. Analyze job tasks and teach skills. Instruct and assist client in self-care skills.
2. Responsible for safety and health issues for assigned client. Teach client safety skills. Understand client medical needs. Follow safety requirements.
3. Deliver services in both an activities center and in the community. Plan and complete activites and outings with client.
4. Attend seminars and training, ISP meetings, and other related planning efforts.
High School Diploma is preferred. One year experince working with people with disabilities preferred. Must have valid driver license.